Ericom AccessNow allows access to Windows applications from a Google Chromebook. Now your Chromebook users can have the best of both worlds:
Not only can they have an instant-on, lightweight PC with over 8 hour battery life, the responsiveness of Google ChromeOS and access to their cloud data through Google Apps for Business but they can also securely access your on-premise Windows applications such as CRM, Financials and custom applications while they are out of the office.
Ericom AccessNow is an HTML5 RDP client that runs wholly inside the browser; no browser plugins or add-ons are required releasing IT of the burden of managing desktop programs and browser plug-ins. It looks, works and performs like a native RDP client.
Why choose Ericom AccessNow for Google Chromebooks?
AccessNow HTML5 RDP Client for Chromebook gives users the flexibility and mobility to securely access both their Web apps AND Windows desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms from anywhere “ simultaneously!
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain- NO software installation or plug-ins required!
- AccessNow RDP client for Chromebook eliminates Windows PCs software management
- Does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches on the user's device
- Does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX or any other underlying technology on the Chromebook, significantly reducing IT overhead.
- Helps solve the Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) challenge, simplifying life for system administrators and end-users alike
Deployment is straightforward: the Ericom AccessNow Server is installed on the RDP host to allow connection from the remote client.
For internet facing deployments (to allow access from outside your firewall). The Ericom Secure Web Gateway can be installed in your DMZ to manage authentication and routing to control access to the Ericom AccessNow server(s) to present your applications for remote users. The firewall is configured to forward remote AccessNow user access to the secure web gateway.
No client software is required at all, just an HTML5 compatible browser such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.. Users access the Secure Gateway by browsing to the designated URL. No need for a local RDP client, nor for the RDP ports to be open on your firewall.
Ancoris consultants can help you with evaluating and deploying Ericom AccessNow and Google Chromebooks. Please contact us for further information.