Google Message Discovery is a secure, hosted email archiving and compliance service which supports external and internal email journaling. It has received recognition from Gartner Group and other analysts and offers cost-effective email management and significant advantages over onsite server or media-based email archiving. It also provides the same enterprise-grade spam and virus protection available with Google Message Security.
Google Message Discovery lets you:
- create a centralized and searchable email repository for your organization
- quickly search across the archive to find emails and save result sets
- secure your email from spam, viruses, phishing, and other email-borne threats
- set central email policies to manage content and compliance requirements
As Google Message Discovery is hosted in the cloud, there’s no need to forecast or plan for future storage needs. Google’s secure and redundant data centers keep your messages fully protected and backed up, removing the risk of loss due to onsite server failure. Data ownership remains with your organization so you retain the control over your information. You can archive mail without worrying about disk space, and can eliminate storage quota headaches by giving users easy access to archived email. What’s more, by removing aged mail from your servers, you can decrease both backup windows and recovery times.
Google Message Discovery also includes a complete set of email security features, so you can provide the highest levels of security for your email systems – without installing expensive hardware or software. This lets you block spam, viruses, and other external threats before they reach your organization and ensure proprietary information that must remain confidential stays within your organization.
- Supports external email message archiving for any mail server and also internal email journaling for supported servers
- Fully secure SAS-70 and WebTrust certified operation.
- Comprehensive search and audit facilities for forensic investigations.
- Immediate journaling meets compliance requirements.
- Personal email archive for end-users.
- Unlimited storage, no mail store limits.
- Retention periods can be increased up to 10 years.
- Comprehensive deployment assistance, testing, migration and support from Ancoris.
- Includes full email security as well: anti-spam, anti-virus and content and attachment management (see Google Message Security for details)
- Email Boundary Security - TLS encryption with policy based enforcement per domain included
- Administration web console allowing full policy control and fine granularity
- Option to include historical email store or PST files to archive with Google Message Consolidation
Comprehensive implementation assistance and support from Ancoris
Ancoris is a Google Enterprise Partner for the UK and offers full implementation, migration and technical support services to help you take advantage of the Google Messaging Services:
- Account configuration
- Personal activation assistance by experienced technicians
- Mail Flow testing before MX record changes
- Administration training
- User configuration support
- Set up of delegated admin users
- Email security policy development
- Archiving and security set up
- Telephone technical support
- Capture and index all of your organization's email and attachments in a centralized repository
- Store email in redundant and secure Google data centers, creating a reliable, offsite backup
- Identify specific emails and attachments quickly through a search interface using parameters such as date range, sender, recipient, subject and content
- Place search results on litigation hold to preserve messages beyond their retention periods
- Export search results to PST or MBOX format for further review and analysis
- Enable comprehensive message security to stop spam, viruses, phishing, denial of service (DoS), directory harvest attacks (DHA), and other email attacks
- Set content-based policies for inbound and outbound traffic
Patented real-time, pass-through architecture ensures that there are no delays, message loss or disruptions to email service, regardless of how high spam volumes climb
- Manage email security settings and the archive from a single, unified console
Deploy rapidly and maintain effortlessly
- Updates are released automatically at no additional cost and with no installation effort required
- Start archiving in a matter of days, with no hardware or software to install on site
- SAS 70 Type II certified and WebTrust seal validates Google's stringent standards for physical and operational security, assuring the safety of your communications
- Performance is monitored 24/7 by Google, and our services are SAS 70 audited
Cost of the archiving service starts from just £12.50 per user per annum as a fully managed service (1 year retention) rising to £22.50 per user for 10 years retention
Historical Data Ingestion
As an additional service to Google Message Discovery, Ancoris can arrange the ingestion of historical emails from an existing email server into the Google Message Discovery archive. The service supports most common mail backup formats and is priced as a one-off charge depending on the size of message data ingested. There are no additional ongoing charges beyond those for Google Message Discovery.