Comprehensive Email Gateway Security
M86 Security is the largest independent email and web security vendor formed by the merger of leading technology companies, Finjan, 8e6 Technologies and Marshal Software.
M86 MailMarshal Secure Email Gateway (M86 MailMarshal SEG formerly known as MailMarshal SMTP) provides total email content security through unified threat management, anti-spam, content security, policy enforcement and data leakage prevention. Powered by the M86 Defense-in-Depth Anti-spam Engine, it acts as a secure email gateway to filter all incoming and outgoing email at the perimeter. Highly scalable, flexible and easy to manage, M86 MailMarshal SEG can be deployed as a standalone solution or as a distributed array designed to support the largest networks, including centralized administration.
MailMarshal SMTP is designed to be deployed as the first receiving email gateway in your organization. It is typically deployed in the DMZ between your network firewall and the trusted internal network.
A typical MailMarshal deployment with MailMarshal acting as the email gateway.
MailMarshal can be deployed in a standalone configuration with database logging and the administration console located within your trusted environment. MailMarshal is also specifically designed to support multiple distributed mail processing servers configured in an array. The array is managed centrally by the MailMarshal Array Manager which can control and manage multiple nodes. Administration can be performed locally or remotely via the MailMarshal Web Console.
Using deep content inspection capabilities, M86 MailMarshal SEG scans all content”even within email attachments”giving organizations the control they need to proactively and productively exchange information without worrying about harmful data leaks.
Key M86 MailMarshal SEG features include:
Enhanced Anti-Spam Protection
Provides advanced layers in the Defense-in-Depth Anti-Spam Engine to protect from evolving threats.
MailMarshal IP Reputation Service
Enables M86 MailMarshal SEG to deny connections from known spam sources in real time, before messages are transmitted, resulting in substantial bandwidth savings and efficient email spam protection.
Enables M86 MailMarshal to quickly and accurately identify and block messages generated by known SpamBots.
Blended Threats Protection
Detects known malicious URLs in email messages using the optional Blended Threats Module service.
Automated User Group Maintenance
Provides automated pruning of unused email addresses from automatically-generated user groups, maintaining efficiency and server performance.
New Outbound SMTP Authentication
Enables configuration of outbound SMTP authentication for each route within M86 MailMarshal, which is useful when ISPs require SMTP credentials to combat spammers.
Improved Inbound SMTP Authentication
Supports CRAM-MD5 for more secure authentication between servers.
Additional features include:
- An "Upgrade Tasks' feature advises M86 MailMarshal administrators on recommended actions and newly-available features following a new release upgrade.
- A "report spam/not spam" feature facilitates streamlined notifications to M86 Security Labs regarding missed spam or false positives.
- All user groups M86 MailMarshal associates with a specific email address can be identified by specialized search tool.
- Provides best-of-breed anti-spam (99.5% spam blocking with near-zero false positives)
- Protects against phishing, viruses, malware and blended threats
- Secures inbound/outbound content using deep content inspection of messages and attachments
- Provides extensive lexical (language) analysis and recursive file unpacking
- Controls attachments by size and MIME type
- Enforces acceptable use and compliance policies by individual, groups or users
- Prevents data leaks
- Provides secure, automatic email encryption
- Archives messages
- Offers pornographic image detection (optional)
- Prevents Denial of Service (DoS) and directory harvesting attacks
- Offers extensive reporting and message classification
- Provides comprehensive enterprise management
- Supports native Active Directory (AD) or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- Secures the email gateway against all threats and restores the business value of email, making it safe and efficient to use
- Provides rapid ROI, measureable through management reports, improved security, bandwidth savings and performance gains
- Delivers low cost of ownership with easy, flexible deployment and administration, consolidated and centralized security functions and extensive automatic updates
- Enforces Acceptable Use Policies, protecting employees and providing a safer working environment.
- Provides comprehensive legal liability protection by removing inappropriate content, offensive language and demonstrating that all reasonable measures to protect employees and fairly enforce policies are in place
- Ensures industry or government regulatory compliance though automated policy enforcement and thorough inspection of email content
- Protects employee productivity by virtually eliminating spam and other email distractions
- Improves network efficiency and saves costs by managing bandwidth utilization, rejecting spam from known sources and reducing excessive non-business email
- Safeguards an organization's reputation by preventing confidential data loss and embarrassment via inappropriate or offensive email conduct