Single-Sign On, Provisioning, Reporting and Mobile Management for Google Apps and Salesforce.com
NetIQ Access Gateway for Cloud is a virtual appliance that provides a simple, secure way to manage access to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications for corporate users. It provides out-of-the box security and compliance capabilities for SaaS services including full user provisioning, dynamic credentialing, privileged user management, Single Sign-On (SSO) and compliance reporting.
NetIQ Access Gateway for Cloud can be installed on one of the following versions of VMware: vSphere Hypervisor 5.0, vSphere 5.0. ESXi 4.1, ESX 4.1
Inherent Problems Using SaaS Applications
A lot of users want to use SaaS applications to increase business agility. If the corporation does not provide an easy way for the users to obtain accounts for the SaaS applications, many users might by-pass the IT department and create their own accounts.
Those problems include the following:
- Users by-pass the IT department and create their own accounts in the SaaS Application.
- Users must wait for the IT department to create accounts in the SaaS applications. It is a manual process, whether the IT department creates the account or if the user creates the account.
- Users must remember separate passwords for each SaaS application, and often use their corporate credentials.
- Administrators receive no compliance reports of user activity in the SaaS application.
The Solution Access Gateway for Cloud Provides
Access Gateway for Cloud provides a simple, secure solution to the problems presented with using SaaS applications.
Access Gateway for Cloud provides the following:
- An automated process to provision user accounts to the SaaS applications.
- Secure single sign-on to the SaaS applications without the corporate credentials leaving the security realm.
- The ability for users to securely access the SaaS application inside or outside of the corporation.
- Compliance reporting of users activities in the SaaS applications.
How Access Gateway for Cloud Works
Access Gateway for Cloud is a virtual appliance that provides a Web service for users to access the SaaS applications securely.
The appliance performs the following functions:
- Provisioning: Access Gateway for Cloud allows you to map account authorizations in Active Directory to account authorizations in the SaaS applications. After mapping the authorizations, by leveraging group management in Active Directory, Access Gateway for Cloud automatically creates and manages the associated user accounts in the SaaS application.
- Secure Single Sign-on: Access Gateway for Cloud provides single sign-on to the SaaS applications and includes Integrated Windows Authentication. Provisioned users automatically have access to the SaaS applications, if they are logged in to the Active Directory domain. The corporate credentials never leave the firewall.
- Reporting: Access Gateway for Cloud provides reports of the usage of the SaaS applications to enforce corporate policies and prove compliance.
- Enabling Mobile Devices: Access Gateway for Cloud enables mobile devices to securely access the SaaS applications.