Technical Support Specialist
The role is to provide post-sales technical and occasional development support to Ancoris customers. You will specialise in Cloud-based services, specifically G Suite, Google ChromeOS and customised products developed by our development organisation. You will also provide support of the Google Cloud Platform and Google Maps.
This is a challenging role that will suit a recent graduate. The role requires excellent technical and customer service aptitude coupled with strong business awareness.
Specific training will be provided utilising both internal resources and vendor-specific training courses and events. Over time, the job-holder will be expected to become certified in appropriate disciplines including G Suite System Administration, G Suite Deployment and Google Cloud Platform.
We are one of the few worldwide providers of “Customer Success Services approved by Google”, and we focus on allowing our support team the time to deeply investigate customer issues and provide high-quality support and advice to our customers; founded on maintaining a low incoming call count per member of staff
We offer an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in the Cloud Computing revolution within an exceptional and challenging working environment. This role provides the opportunity to learn from an experienced, dynamic and friendly office based team and to develop your technical and professional career.
- Deliver excellent support to customers by working to technically resolve their problems in a timely, professional and effective manner, including both technical problems and requests for advice and assistance
- Answer, evaluate, prioritise, document incoming telephone, voice mail, and e-mail requests for assistance from customers related to software products supplied by Ancoris
- Deliver proactive communication and management of required escalations through Ancoris technical management and vendor level support processes
- Provide technical account management to existing accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction and identifying incremental revenue opportunities
- Occasional onsite work
- Carry out Development and Scripting assignments for customer and internal projects
- Identify opportunities to provide scripted or developed tools to assist in customer deployments and support
- Develop close links with Ancoris development organisation and Google UK
- Develop and maintain knowledge levels and skills suitable for a fast-moving development marketplace.
Internal Support Responsibilities:
- Assist the Ancoris IT manager to provide office-based IT support for Ancoris internal systems and staff
Technical competencies:Must understand and be able to demonstrate skills in, or show potential to develop, the following:
- Messaging and mail flow concepts (Exchange, spam filtering)
- Windows systems (IIS, AD)
- Knowledge of development environments (Java, Python, G Suite Script) and scripting techniques in a Cloud environment
- Understand the different DNS records types and their purposes
- Networking concepts (Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ)
Education and personal skills:
- Must have attained a minimum 2:1 class honours degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Must be fluent English speaker, with excellent oral and written and listening communications skills
- Some experience in a customer services based role is an advantage
- Some experience in development or scripting would be an advantage
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Likes dealing with customers both remotely and occasionally face to face, both when offering a “proactive” service but also when dealing with reactive issues
- Ability to see wider customer requirement, take ownership and see things through to successful case or project closure
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively, and work well as a part of a team.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and a passion for technology.