- Over 300 public-access Windows PCs across 44 sites for library users who don’t have a computer at home.
- Outdated computers no longer met the requirements of the public and were in urgent need of replacement.
- Only one model of computer to cater for varying tasks and demographics.
- Massive increase in demand, largely as a result of the government’s digital strategy.
- Like-for-like replacement of Windows machines would have meant substantial cuts to the number of computers. To support and grow the libraries’ web services. a very different approach was needed.