Midlands-based housing association rolls out G Suite to 450 staff
With its 450 staff spread across three offices or working remotely, a Midlands-based housing was looking to replace its ageing email system. The new solution had to give everyone the same level of access to email, contacts, calendars and files, no matter where they were or whether they were using a computer or a smartphone.
About housing associations
As a sector, housing associations face immense financial pressures as a result of the Government’s welfare reforms. The best performing housing associations know that simply trimming costs and automating existing processes without redesigning them, doesn’t deliver long-term efficiency savings. Here is a housing association which is achieving success by adopting modern business practices and transforming their business processes.
Ancoris engaged with us continuously throughout the process of helping us to go live, ranging from the actual technical aspects through to how we communicated with staff and trained them. They held weekly meetings and hangouts with us to catch up on progress, and any technical issues were quickly picked up and every effort made to address them.
- Their ageing Microsoft Exchange email system was due for replacement
- Technical requirement was for a robust email, calendar and contacts solution that would be easy to manage and maintain
- The new system also needed to provide the same experience for all users on any device in any location.
- The housing association selected G Suite with deployment services from Ancoris
- The first phase of the project concentrated on implementing email, contacts and calendars and ensuring staff received the training they needed to help them become used to a new way of working.
- Staff can now check the availability of meeting rooms, as well as people, when scheduling meetings.
- Employees use Google Hangouts to hold meetings online, releasing time previously spent travelling to face-to-face meetings for more productive tasks
- Drive is allowing staff to create and review documents in tandem with colleagues more quickly and easily.