Cloud Data Engineering Consultant
You will be a senior consultant in a services organisation and part of a technical pre-sales and delivery team focussed on delivering industry leading Data Engineering and Machine Learning solutions based on Google Cloud Platform to provide more insight and meaningful solutions to customers' data challenges.
There are two main aspects to the job. The first is delivering high class pre-sales technical support to prospects and our sales team to assist in identifying and winning new projects. The second is then playing the lead hands-on role in the delivery of those projects.
How you will spend your time:
- Act as one of the standard bearers for Google based Data Engineering transformation within customer base, providing vision, influence and energy regarding new opportunities to use Google technology.
- Understand and influence key customer objectives and desired outcomes related to Data Analytics, Engineering and build and execute plans to ensure those outcomes are achieved.
- Meet with our customers and prospects and support our sales teams in understanding client challenges, relate their business and technology strategy to our capabilities and act as a bridge between sales and services operations.
- Design, deploy and hand over to support, of GCP based Data Engineering and Machine Learning solutions meeting customer requirements ranging from “simple” Business Intelligence implementations to complex builds across application, data and infrastructure, and the implementation of Machine Learning models
- Deploy, and work with other teams to ensure delivery capability of, an ongoing managed service for customers to allow Ancoris to deliver ongoing services and revenue streams.
Input into the development of new cloud computing service offerings.
- Develop deep beneficial relationships as a trusted advisor with key players across Ancoris customers and within Google.
- Build and maintain deep familiarity and expertise in new and emerging technologies and industry best practice in Data Engineering and Machine Learning
You will be successful if are:
- Able to challenge customer thinking and develop new ways of working to bring thought leadership, innovation and value as a trusted voice across the Ancoris customer base.
- An experienced Data engineer or consultant, capable of both designing and delivering complex cloud based Data Analytics, Engineering and Machine Learning projects as part of a world class public cloud services team.
- Passionate about public cloud services, with a demonstrated ability to architect and build cloud solutions based on Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web services or Azure.
- Experienced in talking to customers and prospects about their data insight requirements having come from a traditional infrastructure background in networking, server platforms, database management or other technical domain.
- Naturally organised, with determination to deliver excellence and an attention to detail, to design and implement reliable and high quality client solutions.
- Able to influence and drive IT projects and manage project scope and budget.
- An excellent communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively.
You will thrive if you have:
- Experience in the sale and delivery of Cloud Based Data Engineering, Business intelligence or Machine Learning projects and related managed services.
- A strong technical grounding and up to date with the state and trends within public cloud, Data Engineering and technologies such as BigQuery, Cloud SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Hadoop, along with data storage, movement and orchestration solutions
- An understanding of reporting and data analytics tools (eg Qlikview, Tableau) and ETL tool sets
- A thirst for knowledge and a desire to continuously learn, improve and understand the technology driving the industry and how it can unlock value and provide insight for our customers.
- More than 5 years track record of architecting, sales support, and delivery success in an established technology organisation, either in professional services, consulting, product development, or corporate IT.
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Business related discipline.