Are you passionate about the use of public cloud to address today’s IT challenges?
Do you want to work with industry leading technology with a top tier Google Cloud partner delivering services to leading edge enterprises?
Ancoris is an award winning cloud services provider and Google Cloud Premier Partner - we guide our customers on their cloud journey, away from legacy systems to affordable cloud and mobile services.
We are looking for a software developer to help develop and deliver modern, scalable SaaS products on Google Cloud Platform for a range of clients and business domains. You will specialise in Google Cloud based services and customised products to meet challenging business problems for our diverse base of corporate and public sector customers.
Our friendly team supports and nurtures a diverse range of skills and ours is a place to work better, together.
How will you spend your time as one of our Software Developers?
- Developing modern, scalable SaaS products on Google Cloud Platform using modern technologies and software development techniques
- Being part of a team of Software developers who believe in collaborating - sharing skills, best practices and viewpoints
- Working closely with our Software testing and Customer Service teams to ensure the best possible experience for our customers in terms of product quality and issue resolution
- On occasion, engaging directly with customers during the development process to ensure common understanding of requirements and deliverables
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and where appropriate becoming vendor certified in those technologies
You will be successful in this role if:
- You are pragmatic, with the ability to compromise as and when business and technical needs compete
- You have an agile mindset - a genuine belief in iterative development over more traditional approaches such as big upfront design
- You understand that software development is a “team sport” with the desire to work in a truly cross-functional environment
- You have an appreciation of contemporary development processes such as Scrum/Kanban and an understanding that these processes require high engagement in order to be effective
You must be able to demonstrate skills in, or show potential to develop, the following technical competencies:
- Belief in clean code principles such as DRY and SOLID. An understanding of emergent and intentional paradigms for software architecture and the ability to determine which to apply based on context
- Familiar and comfortable with best practices for software quality such as test driven development, unit testing, continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with different programming languages and technology stacks. Currently, we use Python extensively for back-end development and React forms a core part of our web applications
- Experience with non relational databases
You will be a strong candidate if you can also demonstrate:
- 5+ years industry experience (depending on role)
- Experience developing applications on cloud platforms such as GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of programming frameworks such as React, Flask, webapp2 etc.
- Familiarity with Firebase, AppEngine
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Understanding of container-based technologies (eg. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub
- Experience with relational databases