As more and more of us adapt to remote working, Google Cloud has made Google Meet, its video-conferencing service free of charge to all businesses and public sector organisations until 30 September 2020. Premium Google Meet features will also be accessible.
These enhanced features are typically only available in the Enterprise edition of G Suite and are now already available at no additional cost to all G Suite customers until September 30, 2020:
- Larger meetings, for up to 250 participants per call
- Enterprise security built on Google infrastructure
- Live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers within a domain
- The ability to record meetings and store up to 1TB in Google Drive
What makes Google Meet stand apart from other video-conferencing solutions is that it is an enterprise-grade solution built on Google’s global infrastructure. Google designs, builds, and operates their products on a secure foundation, aimed at thwarting attacks and providing the protection needed to keep you safe. G Suite and Google Meet are no exception.
Here is a summary of the security measures available in Google Meet:
- Full end-to-end encryption to the IETF standard
- Encryption at rest for video recordings stored in Google Drive
- No requirement to install any software or plugins - works in modern browsers
- Vast array of counter-abuse measure including anti-hijacking for web meetings and telephony dials-in
- Meeting codes are 10 characters long, with 25 characters in the set, making it harder to brute-force “guess” meeting codes
- Requests for external participants to join a meeting must be sent and accepted by a member of the host organisation
And of course, Google Cloud infrastructure comes with jaw-dropping scalability. Did you know that:
- Google Meet serves 2 billion minutes of video calls per day around the world? That’s over 3,800 years of secure meetings every single day.
- Google Meet’s day-over-day growth surpassed 60% over the last few weeks, and as a result, its daily usage is more than 25 times what it was in January.
At Ancoris, we think Google Meet has something for everyone, whether you're new to Google Cloud looking for a more robust, secure and scalable video conferencing platform for remote working and employee communications or a long-term G Suite user looking to get more out of your investment.
Ancoris is able to provision Google Meet for businesses in the UK and to help out we are also offering deployment and support services to help you get up and running within 48 hours, full details of our offer can be found here.