If your organisation relies on legacy applications created and maintained by developers with skills in Windows environments like .NET, Visual Studio and Powershell, then the benefits of cloud computing may sometimes seem like they're not for you.That's simply not true. With Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you can now:
- migrate any operating system running on any virtual machine platform to GCP – and do the migration while your systems are running live, from right inside the GCP management console
- take advantage of a comprehensive Windows stack running in the cloud that allows you to deploy .NET and ASP.NET applications layered over the latest versions of Windows and SQLServer
- access features like cloud storage, machine learning and Big Data analytics through cloud-based versions of familiar developer environments such as Visual Studio and Powershell
- develop hybrid cloud solutions that integrate new cloud-based Windows applications and cloud-based storage with your existing on-premise Windows solutions, including providing full integration with your on-premise Active Directory domain controller
- use tools like Firebase to easily and quickly modernise your legacy Windows applications – by providing a mobile front end, for example – without having to change a line of legacy code
- take advantage of the latest generation of Windows technologies, such as ASP.NET Core, to develop new web apps, mobile backends and apps for Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- benefit from the expertise of a network of Google Windows Migration partners and lower your infrastructure costs.
In short, if you're a Windows developer, you no longer need to feel like a second-class citizen when it comes to cloud computing. GCP gives you a first-class ticket on the cloud train.