Thriving in the current business climate requires companies to be agile, able to respond quickly to new competitors and new opportunities. At the same time, budgets are under pressure and the IT team is expected to do more for less.
In these conditions, you need to create an infrastructure that can:
- scale on demand. With the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), for example, you can get extra capacity in seconds, automatically spinning up new servers in less time that you’d take you to notice there's been a spike in traffic, and closing them down as soon as demand drops.
- lower your costs and help you drive out inefficiencies in managing your IT operations. GCP offers per-minute pricing for many services, so you only pay for what you use and don’t need to size and pay for infrastructure that sits idle most of the time. And with Google taking care of everything about the your underlying server infrastructure, your team spends less time managing and supporting production systems.
- respond flexibly to changing business needs without compromising on security, data integrity or system availability. All of GCP’s services are protected by the world-class security, data integrity and business continuity solutions that protect billion-user applications like Gmail.
With, cloud computing solutions like GCP, your IT team can meet these technical requirements for creating an agile, cost-effective IT infrastructure. But migrating to the cloud throws up a new challenge for the IT team. You need to be able to shift your workloads into the cloud with minimal disruption, time and expense.
To help you meet that challenge, you can rely on Google Partners like Ancoris. Our migration services are designed to guide you as you develop a comprehensive migration strategy that’s customised to your specific workloads, dependencies and budget.
Our process supports you through four steps:
- assess and analyse your environment, so you understand your applications, application dependencies and workloads
- pilot the migration of a low-risk workload that’s typical for your environment, so you gain a deeper understanding of both the potential technical issues and the internal and external resources you’ll need
- plan and design the full roadmap, including helping you estimate costs, assess infrastructure needs so you can select the best-fit solution, and identify the order in which applications should be migrated
- migrate your workloads — at your own pace — while using our expertise and tools to avoid common pitfalls. We can support you whether you’re “lifting and shifting” existing systems from on-premise deployments to the cloud or developing new applications and services that take advantage of the latest thinking in data analytics, AI and machine learning and the internet of things.
To find out more about how we can help you deliver more agile IT even as you reduce your infrastructure costs, read about why we think you should build your web and mobile apps on GCP or come and talk to the cloud migration experts in our GCP team.
Article updated May 2020
First published January 2018