If there's one constant your business can rely on these days, it's change. Your IT needs next year — or even next month — are unlikely to be the same as they are right now.
Is your IT infrastructure future-proof?
To future-proof your business, you need a modern IT infrastructure, one that lets you innovate and quickly develop secure, scalable apps to support new products and services or transformed business processes. Your IT infrastructure should also allow you to collaborate more effectively, both internally and with external partners, by providing secure web-based and mobile access to shared data and apps, from any place, at any time.
What does this kind of modern IT infrastructure look like?
- It’s flexible, letting you choose where you run your apps and which cloud and on-premise services you use. With the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), your developers can write an application once and then run it on-premise, on Google Cloud, or on other cloud services, delivering a consistent experience for users while avoiding vendor lock-in.
- It’s easy to manage. GCP’s fully managed, serverless offerings and hybrid and multi-cloud capabilities reduce the time you spend on routine operations by eliminating repetitive tasks. Web-based admin consoles let you control every aspect of your GCP infrastructure, as well as set and enforce policies, from anywhere at any time, with integrated monitoring and logging and simplified identity and access management.
- It supports rapid development and deployment. GCP’s serverless platforms and support for containerisation using Kubernetes will simplify and speed up app deployment. GCP also helps you deliver digital transformation by making it easy to incorporate innovative technologies or link disparate systems and data across multiple platforms, enabling you to easily pursue a multi-cloud strategy.
- It helps you exploit innovative technologies and get more value from business data you're already collecting. For example, if you’re looking to create actionable business insights and provide a better service to customers, GCP makes it easy to access and deploy a range of artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities, as well as data integration, transformation, analysis, visualisation, and reporting tools that rip up the traditional data analytics rulebook when it comes to scale, performance and costs.
- It provides world-class security that reduces your risks. With GCP, you benefit from the same layered security and intelligent monitoring and control that protects Google solutions such as Gmail and YouTube. GCP’s security meets rigorous industry-specific compliance standards and gives you transparency over where your data is stored and how it’s being used.
Choosing the right technology to create a modern IT infrastructure is only half the story
Dimensional Research found that more than half of cloud migration projects are delayed and over budget, while two thirds are considered very difficult or failing. That’s why Google Partners like Ancoris support companies like yours with a tried-and-tested four-step process that helps successfully and cost effectively migrate to cloud hosting.
During your migration, we help you:
- Assess your existing environment, so that you understand which applications you have and how they’re integrated, as well as what kind of workloads you’re running and where your pain points are.
- Plan your migration. During this stage, you’ll identify the best order to migrate applications, based on mapping application dependencies and integrations and understanding how much preparation it will take to move each application. You’ll also establish the right level of cloud infrastructure you’ll need — given cloud solutions can be more easily scaled to match fluctuating workloads than on-premise data centres — and model your likely costs.
- Migrate your workloads. The key is to minimise disruption when you migrate. Google Cloud’s migration solutions include cutover technologies that get workloads running quickly — sometimes in as little as 10 minutes — and reduce the labour per server by several hours. Pre-validation of applications in the cloud, data synchronisation and the ability to roll-back to on-premise systems all reduce the risk.
- Optimise your cloud infrastructure. Once you have workloads running in the cloud, GCP’s tools provide built-in reporting that helps you rightsize your infrastructure, control your costs and automatically benefit from sustained-use discounts.
Why taking an integrated approach to your cloud migration journey is important
Taking an integrated approach to your cloud migration journey that encompasses planning, assessment, migration and optimisation will not only reduce the risks and costs of cloud migration but can help you migrate up to 10 times faster. Beyond that, it opens the door to additional transformation and modernization projects as you understand how your applications interact, where you can eliminate inefficient processes and how you can get more value from your data.
Working with a Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner
As a leading Google Cloud Service Partner, we have considerable experience with Google Cloud Platform, both assisting clients to future proof their business with cloud infrastructure.
Cloud adoption is not just about agility and cost optimisation — it’s about building the very foundations you need to continuously innovate and stay ahead. A cloud-first architecture using Google Cloud Platform not only modernises your infrastructure but unlocks a whole new world of digital freedom and opportunity.
Our onboarding methodology will help you realise value in weeks, not months so you can save costs and increase agility.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you, why not take a look at some of our customer success stories or talk to the experts in our Google Cloud Platform team.
Article updated May 2020
First published November 2017