Many frontline workers have been left behind by corporate IT, still using clumsy and slow paper-based systems. Until recently, the available technologies were either impractical — getting in the way of workers doing their jobs — or too expensive to deploy and support for a remote workforce of hundreds or thousands.
All that is changing, thanks to five key technologies:
- low-cost Android devices in a number of form factors, including phones and tablets. Not only are they inexpensive to deploy initially but also offer a low Total Cost of Ownership, as they can be managed and maintained remotely.
- cloud-based development tools that allow secure, scalable and feature-rich custom mobile apps to be quickly developed and deployed. These custom apps can:
- integrate with team productivity tools like email, calendar and CRM systems
- access and update data in line-of-business solutions, whether running in the cloud or in traditional data centres
- incorporate functions from off-the shelf apps to handle tasks such as scanning barcodes, taking readings from wireless devices, or drafting floor plans.
At Ancoris, we’ve used all these technologies to help customers create award-winning solutions for mobile workers. To find out more about how to use these game-changing technologies to address the mobile workforce management challenges in your business, download our guide to turning your frontline workers into cloud workers or come and talk to the experts in our digital transformation team.